Tuesday, April 27, 2010

feelin better.

Good afternoon/evening. *sigh* Its been a wearing couple of days. But my attitude towards life is better today. Quite a bit better. I think partly because Karli emailed me, and that led me to knowing I have a friend, which led me to be a bit more inspired to get through this effing rough patch. :)
Karli is great, she totally understood what i was saying...and i think we are good. We have emailed back and forth a few times, just good, lighthearted more or less emails. Thats been good. I am so glad she is older and wiser then me, so its not the blind leading the blind or anything! ;)
Today was a softball day. Even tho I didnt eat anything yesterday and close to nothing today, I still had enough energy and even made some really good plays!! Got a person out doing the splits one time playing second base! :) And scored twice! I take pride in my athletic abilities, not gonna lie. ;)
After school I just read some blogs, and then started a little project i thought of. Its called "my prayers, quotes, verses, and lyrics 4 life. " I am just making a collage on a little notebook then I will write the cool things I read or hear in it! Good bible verses, encouraging things people have written me, song lyrics that mean a lot to me, etc...I got one side finished today, maybe this weekend I can finish it! Not tomorrow tho because tomorrow I am going to Kristin's to work on a school project, then I have to pack for Seattle, and will be there Thursday and Friday so I cant do it then. And the big parade is Saturday, but I should still be able to work on it! i will post a pic when its finished. I think its a good thing for me to do, channeling some of these hard emotions into art. I was inspired to do this by Sarah, after reading her last post and the article she gave a link to. Altho it may not help me in the anorexia recovery so much, so far it is helping me climb out of this deep hole. :) And I wonder what other things may come if I continue to put my heart into art. i used to do art so much before ED...I think that was a good thing, and I should strive to get back to that.
Well, this is sort of a blah post, but at least I am feeling better, and the sun is shinning outside, and after all day yesterday being cloudy, it is nice! It even rained earlier today, so now the air is so fresh and clear, I love it. Off to paint my nails, then I think a hot shower because I have been FREEZING all day! And then bed, oh sweet bed, before I wake up for my last day of school this week. :)
Maddi
xxx

3 comments:

mariposai said...

Aw I'm so glad you've been inspired to do some art - as I said in my own writing, it's really helped me explore and understand myself when words couldn't. Sometimes it's so therapeutic just to create something, whether it be a collage or a sketch or whatever. I hope it works for you too :-)

Sarah x

Jennifer said...

SO HAPPY to read this and find that you are feeling a bit better, a little more positive today - good on you, brave girl!!

And its an awesome idea to channel some thoughts and energy into art.

Proud of you!
Love Jennifer xx

fastbikes16 said...

wow I have really gotten behind on reading!! I am so glad to hear you are feeling better Maddi :)

We gotta skype soon!

Scott