Thursday, May 20, 2010

This is just a sketch in my sketch book...I never drew hands until 7th grade when I doodled one on a worksheet and my super nice English teacher told me it was really good! So ever since then I have done(yes, so few I can count)2 hands(not counting the first one and the ones in this sketch). One was for a project in art studio. We have art studio about every two months, the whole school has it, but on different days. I'm not sure why we dont do it more...Anyway, this project was just a fun one where you picked the position to put your hand in,and then you drew it! I put my hand in the "I love you" sign. I never got that picture back tho...Unless I steal it off the wall, my art teacher never returns them! Which reminds me, I still have my fresco painting at school...I will get that on Monday! Wow, I am so randomly talking about art this post! ;) The second hand I drew was for the CD cover art for the annual christmas CD our school makes. There is a whole school "contest" for the front cover. I drew a hand holding a loaf of bread and in calligraphy wrote "Give as He gave". My art was picked for the cover! :D But I never got it back...and when I asked about where it was no one knew...:( And we didnt buy the CD this year, so I wont ever see it again. :( I still have it pictured in my head, but already the picture is fading. :P And then the last hands were the ones pictured above! :D Ok, well enough randomness about my art stuff! :)

Swimming was great tonight! So sososososoooo hard tho! Like it was a killer set! And this one girl in front of me was being sooooo annoying! Arg, I FINALLY got her to let me pass her! She was so grouchy about it tho, probably just jealous that I am new and was kicking her but! :p I am gonna be the fastest in my lane really soon at the rate I am going! And sorry this post is totally boastful, but hey, I'm excited, so i cant help but share! ;) Well, I am tired from that workout, but it is just amazing what the human body can do if there is the mind and will power to do it!!!!!

Tomorrow is a Seattle day for a T appt. I havent been for a couple weeks, which has been totally fine as i am doing great! I actually kind of want to go tho! Partly because it is a fun excuse to not go to school, and because I miss her, but also just because I know that even in this really good time, it is good to receive help! And I will be able to get so much more out of it I bet when I am not such a mess! So ya, i am looking forward to it...my mom and I leave early tomorrow. I am loving it, just a few more weeks of school, and last week was a 1 and a 1/2 day week for me, and this week is a 4 day week, then the week after that is a 3 and 1/2 day week, then its just one more week till SUMMER!!!!! WOOOHOOOOOOO! :)

Ok, well, that was SUCH a random like kinda post but hey, whatever right?? :)I gotta go to sleep now tho, tomorrow is going to be a long day!

Everybody stay strong, keep pushing everyday to make a difference in your life, or someone elses. Every day counts, every day you can change, so dont give up! :) And I am probably only telling this to like 2 people, but YOU matter, so that is awesome! Just LIVE! :D

Maddi
xxx

3 comments:

mariposai said...

Ooh thanks for sharing more art - hands are so amazing to draw because they are so interesting and expressive. I feel as though I am seeing much more of the real you at the moment, your creative side, your fun loving side, your competitive sporty side, just your zest for life in general. Loving it!

Sarah x

fastbikes16 said...

what awesome art!! You are fabulous :) I love that you are so competitive with swimming. It is just like me in biking! Go get em!! You are doing great :]

I wish I had known you were going to go to seattle. I can't wait to hear about it though!! I hope you made it to get some coffee ;) but if not, no biggie. I am just obsessive about coffee so my mind goes seatt;e?-->COFFEE!!

Hope you had a great day.

Scott

Anonymous said...

I love the hands! The 2-D art class at my school draws hands for one of their projects. Very few of them are anywhere near as good as yours!