Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Rain! :D


A water color painting of Saddle Rock mountain, done by me in art the other day! I usually dont like water color, it just never seems to turn out how I wanted it too...some part of my perfectionism I suppose, and wanting more control. But to tell you the truth I really enjoyed this project, I just let the brush fly and take the painting wherever it wanted, and I let myself be happy with the results! :) Saddle rock is a mountain that is in the valley that is really fun to hike! :) But this picture doesnt really display rain now does it? ;)

And yes, it is raining! :D I. LOVE. RAIN. And yesterday it rained too, it poured for at least an hour, and rained a good portion of the day, and now it is pouring again today! I love it when it rains in the evening! Ah, so peaceful, I cant get enough rain...lol

Oatmeal with chopped dates and almond butter! Soooo so good, I love dates in hot oatmeal, they are fantastic! And of course you can never go wrong with almond butter! :)

Life is going! Seriously! On Monday I had work, this time I wasnt exactly being trained but this nice guy Travis watched me to make sure I got it all right. I did! Oh, except for splashing hot dirty fat and grease and such from the grill...oops, I was trying to take it out to dump, thats part of cleaning the grill, but it was SO full, so when I pulled it out it sloshed!!! It missed me tho, and was easy enough to clean up, so it wasnt so bad! I had to have Travis dump it for me tho, it was way too full and REALLY heavy! Other then that little mishap it went well!
Ok, so my sister thinks this is such a weird combo but I love it! Frozen blueberries with a spoon full of yogurt and some sunflower seed butter on top! I stirred it in after the photo tho! It makes such a great light snack! :)
I was so bummed to miss swimming on Monday, and then I had to go 20 minutes late on Tuesday! :( I had to miss the whole warm-up, which looked like a lot of fun. It was a 1,000, being divided between swim, kick, and drill. I was really bummed to have missed that, it would have been good endurance training. :P But the rest of practise was good. Urg tho, there were some girls who wouldnt shut up, and Darcy kept telling them to be quiet but they wouldnt listen! :P Whatever tho, at least Sierra was there, altho Danielle wasnt. I love her, she is so nice and mature. She also helped me again with flip turns, which is great because I am not so great at those! ;) I wanted to go to group training, which is just dry land at the gym, but I have to babysit the kids. O well, at least I get to swim tomorrow! :)

Another art project we did at school! Tiles, and you got to choose your design, which is nice considering we usually all have to do the same thing! :) I gave this to my mom for mothers day!
Ok, I HAVE to share this! I am so proud of myself! I havent stepped on the scale in 5 whole days!!!! :D Like WOW, I havent gone that long except for when I was in Mexico and Tennessee! :) So the fact that is sitting downstairs, right next to the freezer where I get my(as of a few nights ago when we bought it!)nightly snack of ice-cream, and I STILL resist the temptation to step on, is really something I am proud of! :D And I plan to not weigh myself until of course this Friday, when I have a T appt., and she always weights me. So ya, big news! Its a bit nerve racking tho, having to wait till Friday! I honestly have no clue what I weigh...I'm guessing its going to be around an 18 BMI. The last time I weighed it was about 18.2, and even tho I should be heading in the up direction, I feel like I have lost a little...:S So I am not proud of that...But I look in the mirror, and when I am not listening to the lies, I see that I AM too thin. :/ Ed LOVES that, so much, and just says that if I have lost weight on what I am eating, which leaves me not hungry much through the day(I have been eating when I am hungry, and tho I am still counting calories and such, I am listening to my body's signals)then I should just continue to eat this way and slowly shed pounds. Which in reality, I cant afford to do! But I am sure I have lost, even just a little, between the swimming and school and work. I DO have a big bowl of ice cream every night, so that should help! I just have to wait till Friday, then I will find out how I have been doing...Also I got my period back! I didnt know that could happen at the weight I am at, but I guess that means it is a healthy weight for me, even with swimming??? I hope!

Just me! :)Sooo serious! ;)
School is going better! I have tackled all those assignments and I feel on top of it all! Like I am understanding math, and am caught up in bible, and there is a big paper due for biology next week, and it takes a lot of time and research, but I absolutely love biology, so I dont mind a bit!
Well, gotta go and babysit! :) Only about 2 hours, so not bad, and I got my homework done, so just playing with the kids then I will finish reading the good book I started yesterday, then off to a night of hopefully sound sleep! Which, btw, I have had the last 2 nights! Yay! Naomi is finally being more quiet and sleeping through the night! I hope it becomes habit! ;)
Love to all, I hope you are all doing ok and finding happiness in each and every day!
Maddi
xxx

2 comments:

mariposai said...

Sorry I can't think of much to say because I'm still wowed speechless by your fabulous painting! Oh my gosh you are so talented...and very pretty too :-)

Sarah xx

fastbikes16 said...

I am glad you like the rain living in Washington! That is a must ;)

Congrats on not weighing yourself!!!!! I am so proud!!!!!! That is awesome!!!! enough !! don't you think ;p Really though it is great and you should be proud of your accomplishment.

Keep on staying strong and hanging in there Maddi.

Scott