Sunday, May 9, 2010

Sunshine and too much dessert! ;)

Happy Mothers day! :) And thanks for the encouraging comments too! :)


Today after church we went to the Mugg's for lunch. Well, lunch wasnt ready, so my sis and I went for a walk. We walked to two of our old houses that are nearby, and were shown the inside of one which is a beautiful old farmhouse that the owners made into a bed and breakfast. That was neat! Then we walked back and lunch was ready. It was salmon...so I just had bread, salad, and fruit, but then i made up for lunch by having three servings of dessert! :P One was this chocolate pudding with rasberries, then the other was this weird cobbler stuff. I had some of each, but then I was picking at the cobble so I would count that as a third serving! But no guilt because 1.) I am a swimmer! and 2.) i was going to go biking anyway! :)


I DID go biking, and actually I had mentioned wanting to get home so I could ride the loop before the weather changed, and Amy heard me and said she wanted to join me! So she drove herself and her bike over and we went! I was very nervous...it has been years since we have done something together. It wasn't hard in that I am angry at her, she is completely forgiven, I just was afraid it would be SUPER awkward! But I thought of some questions while driving home, and that kept our convo going through the whole 11 mile ride! :) It was great, I had no need to worry. We talked about work and school and sports and all that. I learned that she is taking a couple classes at the college next year, so I might see her there some! It was good to catch up with her. Even tho it is hard, just thinking back, it was good to see that she is doing ok, and just learning about how her life is now was fun. Who knows? Perhaps we will become best buds again?? Ok, so maybe not, but that would be kinda neat. Just had a several year break in our relationship is all right?? ;) Oh, and I was sure to put on some sunscreen after burning yesterday! Hopefully a good tan is in store for me! ;)


Tonight I am just preparing for the rest of the week, gathering stuff, picking out my outfit for the job orientation tomorrow, doing chores and such. I am done with most of that stuff, so I may work on my collage a bit! Over the days my little box of pictures and such to use for it has grown a bit, so I may have enough for a page or two! Its one of those on your own dinners tonight, so eating is up to me. I think I'm hungry. Not sure...but I may have one of those frozen bean and cheese burritos from Costco. Agh...and 18 BMI is calling my name...:P Not sure how to fight this, because I know I could just stick with that weight...but at the same time I know that if I gained I could be a better swimmer, but those might just be excuses my parents are giving me to gain weight only because THEY think I am too skinny, even if really I am not...???I dont know, but I am continuing to learn more, and I have figured out a lot in the past, so I am sure I can get around this too.

Service at church was great today! The message was so good...I was a bit distracted by some stuff, but what I heard was so good and so applicable to my life. It was about sin being "tolerated" and how that is wrong. I felt moved by it, I know that I have tolerated a lot of sin in my life, and I need to change that. Even just the little things...I will work harder at even noticing that they are there! The songs were so good today too! :)

There have been lots of thoughts in my head today, so I will probably go work on my collage now! Sometimes when I cant escape all of these thoughts the best thing for me to do is blog, and get some of them out, or turn on some good music and collage, and just not think those thoughts! :)


Love to each and every one of you who have encouraged me through this chapter of my life! It is VERY appreciated-I never expected the support I have received!
Maddi
xxx

2 comments:

mariposai said...

Hey hope the job orientation goes well...I find it confusing that you guys celebrate Mothers Day in May, whilst we celebrate it in March here in the UK!

It's so nice to see you developing distraction techniques such as collaging to get away from those negative thoughts...gotta love collaging (I still have tons of them in a box in my room hehe)

Sarah x

fastbikes16 said...

I love it when church messages are so applicable to my life!! That is so great :]

I am glad you are doing pretty well right now :] You should have tried that salmon though. I love salmon!!

Keep up the hard work. You are great :]

Scott

P.S. I would say we should skype, buuuttttt I am hella tired. I woke up at 3 to get on a flight to arizona :/ Maybe tomorrow!