Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Weeeell, it is Tuesday. Not sure what I think about that...it should still be Monday tho, Monday seems to have sped by! Oh well...

The BBQ yesterday was fun, I was a little disapointed because I only got to see 2 out of 4 of the friends I wanted to see but that is alright. And although we won't be on the same highschool swim/dive teams next year because I live on the other side of the river, we will still see eachother at swim meets! Speaking of swimming I got in my pool for an hour this morning and it felt great to get in, although I am really tired at the moment! :)

I left the BBQ early to go to a friends going away party. It was her and a group of girls from my old class. Although it wasn't my sort of night, I still had fun. It was weird, I felt like a normal teenage girl...thing is, i didn't exactly love what we did, I suppose I just have a different idea of fun! I DID have fun tho, there was lots of laughter. What we did is we all illegally piled 8 people into a slugbug and drove around town doing random things like drive thru Wendy's and buy manderin oranges, and we went to this fountain downtown and waded around, and we wentto a track and ran around it and then we drove down this one long street in the dark and yelled at people walking a long while blasting music. It was scary considering it was illegal. Like I said, I did have fun, but I wouldnt risk it again! after that we drove to another girls house and watched The Bounty Hunter, but it's a boring movie so I left.

Eating stuff is still a struggle. I ate enough to maintain yesterday and it is killing me knowing that, I feel like I need to restrict today and tomorrow to make up for it. :/ there is a certain number in my head that I just can't escape, I want it soooo bad, but for whatever reason I can't quite get to that weight. And I am only two pounds shy!!! I know I shouldn't get to that weight but right now it feels like I MUST. Am I trying to cope with stress or pain?? Both maybe?? Mr. L's accident definitely had an effect on me, ever since that Sunday two weeks ago I haven't been able to get more than six hours of sleep, which, combined with the amount of food I am eating, is not good for me. But for some reason my mind can't rest, I usually fall asleep around 1 am and wake up again at 3:30 am. Those are the worste nights. If I am lucky I will sleep from 1 to 6:30. I also think missing my friend K who is Honduras is another really difficult thing right now. We have been emailing alot, but on the days she isn't able to respond I just feel so lonely. I also feel like I don't deserve to eat, I have just been seeing all of th suffering in this world, and why should I get to enjoy food?? I feel nothing but emptiness after eating, like it just isn't right...my new therapist suggested that maybe it's OCD, but I would have to disagree. I agree with mynold therapist who believes it is a coping method. I must be true because that space visiting my friend Mary and before Karli left I was doing so well. I still wasn't at all comfortable with my body but at least I was willing to fight the voice of ED. But once my life stared falling apart again, once the really steady relationship I had broke away, I turned to what I know helps numb me from a pain that I just can't handle. Same goes for cutting, only that is when I just can't accept how much of a failure I am/was. I don't eat to numb, I cut to numb when I do eat. It's all so complex, so deep, what makes me unable to Handel some things without bringing harm to myself. And writing this I should realize why I am doing what I am doing and just stop, but it just doesn't work that way. Instead I write this, and I know that when I am done writing it I need to go take a walk to burn off the extra calories that kept me from loosing weight yesterday...

Well I have to go, my mom is stressing me out majorly so I AM actually going to take a walk to get out of the house after I finish abload of chores. :/ today is already a crapy day, it started when I woke up this morning knowing I hadn't lost weight. What is really going on inside tho? I wish I knew...then I could figure this out and not have the symptom. Anorexia is a symptom, a display on the outside of something on the inside...

Anyway, I love you all, your endless support is worth so much to me!

Maddi
xxx

4 comments:

Alexis said...

:(
I wish that I could cheer you up. Maybe instead of using the disorder as a coping mechanism you could play a board game, draw, or do something sedentary? You may not be able to stop the URGES to restrict or exercise, but you can stop GIVING IN to them.

Take some deep breaths. Continue to fight!

Unknown said...

you are so young, so beautiful and you have so much ahead of you. do the impossible. it's worth it. i promise.

here if you ever want to chat <3
have a marvelous day!
love
becca

mariposai said...

You DO deserve to eat and you deserve all the happiness in the world. This happiness will not come from a number, but will come from taking care of yourself and appreciating what a lovely person you are. I've learnt that ED or not, life will always contain stress, but it's so much more manageable when you embrace food and the energy it brings...

Sarah x

fastbikes16 said...

You deserve to eat and enjoy your food. You can't let those hardships take that away from you. It will only get worse if you give in to ED.

Stay strong Maddi, I am praying for you,

Scott

P.s. write on my FB when you can skype and hopefully the internet is working.