Saturday, August 14, 2010

Hullo! :)

So sorry about my last post in which I preceeded to rant about the difficulties of having an eatig disorder...;) well so I didn't end up telling anyone what's up, well I sort of told my T at my appt. yesterday, but not all the way...and I didn't tell her how I was thinking about it. Now I feel bad tho and I know I should tell her...Anyway, aside from that, yesterdays appt. went well, altho I still don't see myself as neccisarily getting anything out of it?!?!

Ok, so on to a recap of Thursday and Friday!! :D My mom and I drove over to Seattle and went to my sisters dance studio and they had a meeting with her instructor, then my mom had another appointment so she dropped me off at a park on Lake Washington and I went swimming!!!! It was soooo nice, the water was amazing, perfect temperature and everything! I swam out to the no wake bouey and back, and dove(shallow diving, just in case) off the dock a couple of times before a lifegaurd told me there was no swimming allowed! Haha, oops! I didn't want to get out just then but at least I had gotten a little bit of time in the water. Then I laid on the dock listening to music and dozig off and watching a really cute couple sit together and fish. It made me want a boyfriend...;) After that awesome time to myself we went back to C's studio and watched a class then drove to a friends house and spent the night. My appt. was early Friday morning, but I felt refreshed and ready to get up! After that we went to Kirkland and I had several hours to myself while my mom watched my sister again. I went to starbucks and sipped coffee, then went to the waterfront and drew some, then wandered through some art galleries which was especially neat now that I am taking that class. I ended up buying a tiny bit of icecream too, which I did NOT purge, and I was really good too, and nice and small. :) after that I did some more drawings with sharpie which turned out pretty cool! I can't wait to post some of my work! I will probably just wait till the class is over tho! :) thennnn I went shopping at some consignment shops! I got 4 new tops, one is from J Crew!! Haha, score! :D I found a cute pair of black jeans at costco today too that will go good with those tops! After that I went to the park and drew some people, but they kept moving. Haha, well the challenge made it fun! After that I met up with my mom again and we got my sis and drove home.

This morning I hopped in the pool but it is colder than the lake was, so I didn't stay in long! :) and now I need to complete another art assignment because try are starting to pile up...D:

ED wize the weight still is coming off... Slower than I would like it too, it's weird, I feel like I don't even want to be recovered right now, I can't exactly place my finger on why. I really don't know, it's not like I've even had an ED for all that long, is it just a stage you go through? Like quite frankly recovery sounds like a lot of poop to me, am I terrible for saying that??? Questions questions questions, I have a lot floating around in my head right now, the main one being, "why the heck am I not wanting to be recovered??!?!?!?" I hope that all makes some sense that I feel that way, I hope that I am not just a hopeless case for thinking like that, but am I??? Agh, it's driving me crazy knowing what I am doing but not stopping!!! It's as tho I am going to go until I am FORCED to stop, like IP, but that wouldn't keep my mind from keeping going in the wrong direction!! :P it's all so MESSED UP!!!

Ok, so I gotta go do that drawing, it's supposed to be abstract, so I have to pick something and draw t in a way that makes it so you can hardly tell what the thing is! And I might just throw some color in there for fun!

Your thoughts on this would be more than welcome!! :)

Maddi
xxx

1 comment:

mariposai said...

I'm looking forward to seeing your drawings :-)

I can relate to how you are feeling, because I always used to think that recovery was a load of rubbish, mainly because I didn't think it would make anything better at all (it does - it makes things heaps better) Sometimes it's easy to go into denial and think that life with an ED isn't so bad after all, but eventually things catch up with you, especially the physical effects, because ultimately you cannot survive long term with an ED.

Being young can make you feel invincible, as if you can get away with abusing your body. I remember being in denial for ages because I thought I felt fine, but things like osteoperosis, heart problems, organ failure etc etc are never far away.

An ED isn't just a phase, it won't go away unless you make it so.

Hope that didn't sound too preachy, but an ED seriously starts to limit what you can do as time goes on, and eventually your body will just give up. I really don't want that to happen to you missus...

Sarah x