Sunday, August 1, 2010

Thanks for your comments. Sorry, I can sometimes be REALLY paranoid about what people think of me!!

Yesterday and Friday have been very busy days...I'll start with Friday! :)

Friday afternoon my mom and I drove to Seattle for an appointment, which went well, then to visit my friends dad at Harbor View Medical Center because he broke his neck. The first 2 times I saw him were hard but this time was so much better. I think the first time was hard because he was in the intensive care unit, and the second time he was in a wheelchair and I guess it was hard because he seemed so weak. But this third time was sooo much better. It's still not easy of course but since it was just my mom and I I was able to talk to him. At one point he had PT so Mrs. L and us walked down this big hill to downtown Seattle and bought some shoes for him and then had lunch before I tackled the huge hill to feed the car parking meter. I didn't have anything else to do so I went up to the room and mr. L was there so I doodled and chatted with him, then helped a nurse put him in bed because he was tired of sitting up. That was kind if awkward but it was neat to help. They use this cradle type thing, it's hard to explain. Anyway, we stayed there till dinner then left to get my little sister from the family she was staying with and grabbed some food from safeway and drove home. We didn't get home till late because I missed the exit... Haha, oops!!

Yesterday I got my license!!! It's awesome, but I had a bad first solo drive experience! I ran out of gas in the middle of the street!! My car doesn't have much warning time for that. Anyway, I was stuck in the middle of the street but thankfully right next to a parking lot entrance so some guy pushed me in to it!!

Gosh, I amso busy I have to go do a drawing that is due tomorrow but it's good to be back blogging, thanks for your comments!!

Maddi
xxx

3 comments:

Lucie said...

congrats on getting your license! wow, i can't even imagine having a broken neck. what a mind-opening experience to have to be so dependent on others.
lucie

Walking thru Sunflowers said...

Sorry to hear about your dad's friend and hope that he is on the road to recovery!!!
Glad to hear that you got your license - how exciting!!!!!!! Hope u have a great week - aimee

fastbikes16 said...

congrats on the licensee! And I am praying for your friend.

scott