Sunday, August 15, 2010

Not fun...

Okkkk, so I really don't want to go on another long rant like the last 2 posts, but I just mght! ;) fair warning...:)

Today has NOT been a fun day....and it's supposed to be! It's my big brothers graduation/birthday/goodbye party! He leavs on Thursday for San Diego, where he is going to college at Point Loma. I'm not sure how I feel about him leaving, I guess I haven't given it much thought, but now with the date of his departure so close it is sort of starting to hit that he is going to be GONE and I never really got the chance to know him!!! I feel bad, like he is my brother, we are supposed to be at least somewhat connected, but things have changed, we did used to be close, I think the year he was in 9th grade we really started to grow apart and go in our own directions, his leading him to the public school and away from family, mine digging me into a little sheltered hole. We just had/have opposite desires in life, it doesn't seem like there is any common ground except the fact he is my brother! And to think my sister might be gone in 2 weeks!! And she is younger than me!!! She would still live fairly close but still...anyway, today I don't know if I should laugh or cry, in a couple weeks my life will look completely different having 2 out of 5 people gone...I am happy for my sister, C, but at the same time I don't want her to leave, these highschool years are the years I want to be her big sister to look after her and to grow closer with her, but soon she will be living in another city, and after that maybe even a different state!! She has been asked to join a pre-professional ballet class by the way... It scares me too, I might be living in Seattle in a couple months too... I don't want all of this change, it's too fast...like there is nothing I can hold on to, nothing that can't leave without my permission EXCEPT AN. Which is perhaps the reason I think recovery is bull...ok, sorry for another rant! ;) Obviously I have a lot to write about!

Of course eating still is not good, I haven't kept in a single thing put in my mouth for at least 5 days now...and I have an appoitment with John tomorrow and I don't know if I will work up the courage to tell him or not...I know I should, I know it would be the best thing to do, but I am scared of what he will say or do, I don't want to loose anything like college or dive just because of this, so I don't want him to know...I should tell him tho...anyway...

This week is very busy, I have work tonight then tomorrow morning is my appt with John. And it's the last week of art class and my final is due on Thursday!!!! AAaaaaah, I see some late nights ahead of me!!! Tuesday night is a birthday slumber party for a friend on my swimteam who is turning 14!! Ya, a bit of an age difference, but she is really sweet and mature! And Friday I work my first day shift at the hospital, which I am NOT looking forward to!!! So... I guess wish me luck to get through this week because I already am tired of it ;)

I hope everyones week is AMAZINGLY beautiful!!!

Maddi
xxx

4 comments:

mariposai said...

Gosh sorry to hear things seem to be changing so much, and I know when other things seem out of control, it's tempting to cling on to the ED to try and get some control back. Trouble is, it doesn't give YOU any control, because the ED ends up controlling you.

One thing I've learnt is that there is alot in life you can't control, but you CAN control how you react to it. If you look after your health, it gives you a much better chance at coping and coming out of each challenge stronger and happier.

Sarah x

jam said...

hi,
...just felt compelled to say that u need to totally inform someone abt yr purging...i'm sure u dont want 2 live yr whole life purging anything u eat...u need to get some help before it becomes chronic...

take care

fastbikes16 said...

I know how hard change can be and I am so sorry you are having to deal with that right now. :( My advice: tell your therapist, that's what he's there for! I know it is hard, but you really should.

skype soon?

praying for you,

Scott

Alexis said...

The best thing that you can do for yourself is to BE HONEST with your struggles, and tell your therapist!! You may be ambivalent about recovery now, but the longer you hold onto this, the more your life will disappear. Tackle ED now!!! There is never a better moment to turn things around. Life is SO MUCH better sans ED, and I am not just saying that because I am supposed to. It is true!!!! I promise.

Take care of yourself, k?