Sunday, June 6, 2010

I want this weekend to not end yet! :P

Heyo!
Wow, I cant believe it is a Sunday...that really really is sad...BUUUT, its my last week of school before FREEDOM!!! :D Ok, so, on to a quick weekend recap...

Saturday morning I woke up and came upstairs(my room is in the depths of the earth...down in the dark and cozy little basement) to some lovely sunshine! That was awesome, seeing as it was the Apple Capital swim meet! Ah, first swim meet ever, I was a bit nervous!!! :P Well, I got there at 10:30, got all my events figured out and written on my arm in sharpie, and warmed up. Warm up was SOOOO chaotic!!! There was the whole WRAC team, plus another smaller team, all jammed into one lane! Gah, it was so crazy, and really hard! I was glad when it was over, that is for sure!!! Then I hung out with D, S, and E in between events. On Saturday I did a 100 free, 100 back, and 50 breast. I was also supposed to do a 200 breast, but I had to go to work. :P The 100 free went good, but it was really hard to know how to pace myself since I have never done a 100 in race speed! Lets just say my legs kinda felt like jello when I climbed out of the pool! ;) The 100 back didnt go so great. This meet was long course, and it was outside so there was no ceiling with flags to keep you going straight!!! I kept hitting the lane line and that MAJORLY slowed me down! Oh well, its all good! The 50 breast also went well! I hate breaststroke, I feel like I try so hard and still dont get anywhere, but I was happy with my time, and I did the best that I could! After all my events I bought a pair of sweats from the little meets shirt selling place thing....lol. Anyway, I put Eat. Sleep. Swim. down one leg, and a little thing that says swim on the right front hip. They are such cozy pants! :D Then it was off to work, which I enjoyed, and K was there, so that was a lot of fun! :)

Today I had to be at the pool at 9:30. And it was pouring rain. Whoopy! :P Warm ups were hectic again, but honestly it was good to be in the water, it was warmer in then out! Today I had just three events again, because the last I had to go to work before, and I think they were alright! I wish the weather wasnt so bad tho so that I could really see what my times would be-the cold really slows you down! First I had a 50 free, and I got third, and that was super excited! And I was only like 5 ish seconds behind some of the fastest girls at the meet! :D 50 frees are definitely my thing! Then I had a 50 back, and I felt like that went well, I didnt hit the lane line, and I didnt have any of those, "ah, my face is under water and I seem to be sinking" moments! The 100 breast went well too. Again, I am SOOOO slow at breast, so instead of trying to go super fast and killing myself, I just relaxed a little, and focused more on my form! :) After that I came home and showered, had blueberry pancakes for lunch, and watched part of Where the Wild Things Are. Then to work, and tonight I finished the movie, and now am blogging! ;) Btw, that movie is really good, it totally doesnt follow the book, but still, I would suggest you watch it if you like cute, happy, sad, funny, serious, type movies. Seriously, I laughed and cried!

Ok, well this post isnt much for thoughts, I need to go to bed so I am well rested for the last few days of school, but I wanted to update you all on how the meet went! All I can say is I still LOVE swimming! :)

Maddi
xxx

3 comments:

mariposai said...

Wow well done you! Just reading about all those races made me feel tired!

xxx

Mimi (mimi.3fs@gmail.com) said...

Great that you're still feeling so good about swimming. Sounds like you're positive about your weekend- and just one week to go before you have freedom, too! From one who's already reached that summer break freedom; it's amazing:)

fastbikes16 said...

way to go with the swimming Maddi!! You are great!

Scott